In our 19th year of operation, founded in 2000 by Tim Blanchard. We have pioneered the sport in Southwestern Ontario and are commited to the continued promotion of kiteboarding in the Great Lakes and Southern Ontario. With over 1000 lessons taught and 5000+ hours of combined lesson and riding time, Tim Blanchard is your kiteboarding authority in Ontario.
Surf Culture Canada at a Glance:
- A maximum 2-1 instructor-student ratio to ensure the highest standards of safety.
- PASA certified instruction from instructors familiar with the local conditions.
- Boat support (24 foot pontoon and 10ft zodiac in past)
- NEW FOR 2018 PWC support used for offshore winds or busy beach conditions to ensure a prime lesson location, regardless of the wind direction.
- Utilize high quality gear from the top kiteboarding manufacturers.
- The best kiteboarding lesson locations in the Great Lakes, only accessible by boat.
- Instructors certified in CPR and First Aid.
- 19th season of operation; since summer 2000 (1st in Great Lakes and Canada)
- Head Instructor/Owner: Tim Blanchard B.Sc, B.Ed, High School Science Teacher (Naish team rider 2001-2006) Wipika Cerified in 2001, PASA in 2002
- Water Lessons: April 15 – October 1
- Snow Lessons : Dec 15 – Feb15
- Snow Clinics : Dates to be announced depending on weather
Office located in Lakeshore, Essex County, Ontario
- Office Location: Lakeshore, Ontario, Canada
- Lesson Locations: Mitchell’s Bay, Belle River, Lighthouse Cove and Cedar Beach, Ontario, Canada
The most experienced, the most respected. Tim Blanchard and Surf Culture Canada has been featured in:
- KiteBoarding Magazine
- Kiteboarder Magazine
- CBC Radio
- Global TV
- Intersections Magazine (Mazda)
- Local TV interviews
c/o Pet Valu
13596 Tecumseh Road
St. Clair Beach, Ontario
Group Lesson Cogghe Marine Kite Barge
Secret Lesson Location 24 ft Surf Culture School Boat