In our 19th year of operation, founded in 2000 by Tim Blanchard. We have pioneered the sport in Southwestern Ontario and are committed to the continued promotion of kiteboarding in the Great Lakes and Southern Ontario. With over 1000 lessons taught and 5000+ hours of combined lesson and riding time, Tim Blanchard is your kiteboarding authority in Ontario.
Surf Culture Canada at a Glance:
- A maximum 2-1 instructor-student ratio to ensure the highest standards of safety.
- PASA certified instruction from instructors familiar with the local conditions.
- Boat support (24 foot pontoon and 10ft zodiac in the past - NEW for 2018 PWC) used with offshore or busy beach conditions to ensure a prime lesson location, regardless of the wind direction.
- Utilize high quality gear from the top kiteboarding manufacturers.
- The best kiteboarding lesson locations in the Great Lakes, some only accessible by boat.
- Certified in CPR and First Aid.
- 1st in Great Lakes and Canada since 2000
Head Instructor/Owner: Tim Blanchard B.Sc, B.Ed, High School Science Teacher (Naish team rider 2001-2006) Wipika Cerified in 2001, PASA in 2002
Water Lessons: April 15 - October 1
Snow Lessons : Dec 15 - Feb15
Snow Clinics : Dates to be announced depending on weather
Office located in Comber, Ontario, Canada
Lesson Locations: Lake St. Clair and Lake Erie, Ontario, Canada
The most experienced, the most respected. Tim Blanchard and Surf Culture Canada have been featured in:
- KiteBoarding Magazine
- Kiteboarder Magazine
- CBC Radio
- Global TV
- Intersections Magazine (Mazda)
- Local TV interviews